Using the global map developed by EsriGIS solution, people from all over the world are signing up for the Environmental Initiative
Sofia, April 9th – GIS solution from Esri finds application in the 51st edition of the International Earth Day, which will be held on April 22 with a theme chosen “Restore our Earth”. Millions of people around the world will mark the day with a variety of environmental events and a global map provided by Esri is becoming the platform that serves in planning all of these events.
The celebration of Earth Day serves as a conscious reminder of how fragile our planet is and how important it is to protect it.
A digital map by Esri visualizes the locations of all planned environmental events worldwide and provides additional information about their topics. The events that anyone can register are varied – from online training and discussions on environmental protection, through cleaning and planting trees, to recycling clothes and nature walks. The organizers are varied too – governments, universities, schools, companies, NGOs, private organizations and individuals, etc.
Here’s how you can participate:
- Open the map, to review the events near you and choose one or more events to join;
- Register your event – mark the location on the global map, enter a description, specify a date, also whether the event is public or private.
Earth Day continues to be an important and unifying day every year, and your participation, in addition to the large-scale initiative, can be daily through small constant steps towards a green lifestyle.
These are some of the ideas that EARTHDAY.ORG gives us about how to live a green lifestyle:
- Participation in group cleaning;
- Control of food waste through composting;
- Change the receipt of bills online instead of paper;
- Purchase of organic food to prevent toxic pesticides;
- Use of reusable water bottles;
- Donation of old clothes and household goods.
This year marks 51 years since the first edition of Earth Day, organized by the NGO EARTHDAY.ORG. Over the years, EARTHDAY.ORG has become the world’s largest recruiter for the environmental movement, working with more than 75,000 partners in over 190 countries, including Bulgaria, to stimulate positive action to protect our planet.
For more information on Earth Day 2021, please visit: https://www.earthday.org/earth-day-2021/