Thousands of schools around the world implement Esri GIS software in secondary education. Using Esri’s ArcGIS platform in a variety of subjects, teachers can help students build modern digital skills that meet the needs of today’s digital society, preparing them for the new demands of higher education and successful careers.
ArcGIS Online is a web GIS system that allows you to use, create and share online maps and conduct training sessions and exercises with them. All maps you create are stored in your account, in a secure environment that you can access anywhere, from any device, only through a standard browser, as long as you have access to the Internet. With ArcGIS Online you can:
- Search, browse and explore online maps for your chosen territory or site object (countries, cities, districts, municipalities, protected areas, rivers, etc.);
- Create online maps with a territorial scope of your choice (for the world, region, country, town, neighborhood, etc.);
- Combine information and create maps of different nature or topic (administrative-territorial division, population, terrain, tourism, etc.);
- Work with 2D and 3D data;
- Use free available templates, base maps and layers to work faster and easier;
- And many more;
You could work either alone or with colleagues or students, part of your organization. You can share your maps with a specific group of users ( like students in a class), within the school, or in public with the world.
Through ArcGIS Online you can view and study, together with your students, thousands of ready-to-use maps from around the world (including Bulgaria) in a variety of topics – physical geography, biodiversity, water, terrain, population, history, culture, archeology, oceanography and much more.
For more information visit: https://www.arcgis.com/home/index.html
ArcGIS Pro ArcGIS Pro is a GIS application that you installed on your computer. It allows you to work with maps and information that has a spatial component or to perform “Smart mapping”. You can use ArcGIS Pro in class to:
- Search, research, present, and analyze geographic information;
- Create graphs and charts and use them in your maps;
- Perform different analyzes;
- Work with different images (photos, aerial photos, satellite images)
- Quickly and easily create 3D models of your environment;
- Create 3D scenes (parts of our environment);
You can share your maps and finished products through ArcGIS Online with a specific class, group, or throughout the school.
For more information visit: https://www.esri.com/en-us/arcgis/products/arcgis-pro/overview