On the occasion of the World Geographic Information Systems Day on November 17 and as part of the “GIS at School” program, ESRI Bulgaria in partnership with the Ministry of Education and Science, of Bulgaria, leading educational organizations and media are pleased to invite you to join in:
National Educational Competition for Stories with Digital Maps
“Digital Stories from School and University”
We invite all teachers, high school, bachelor’s and masters’ s students, and PhD students to participate in the first National Educational Competition for Interactive Maps (StoryMaps). Tell an inspiring story, lesson or topic of interest in a new and fascinating way with the help of interactive maps and Geographic Information Systems.
Take our challenge and win many prizes!
1. Detailed guidelines
Use the ArcGIS StoryMaps application, with which you can combine one or more web maps with content like text, photos, and multimedia, to make your digital story exciting using the universal visual language of GIS technology.
Haven’t used ArcGIS StoryMaps before? This is not a problem at all! The app provides ready-to-use templates and tools with which you can create and share your digital story in minutes. Find videos with instructions and inspiring examples here https://bit.ly/39KZQqK and https://youtu.be/50TPtN5715A
1. Register for participation in the competition by October 25, 2021 on https://bit.ly/2Y0f5d8
2. Use one of the ArcGIS StoryMaps templates (new template or classic) and include resources of your choice – photos, text, etc. to create your own story map. A prerequisite is the inclusion of a web map in your digital history. Detailed video instructions for creating and working with web maps can be found here: https://bit.ly/3mmu7lF . Instructions for creating a StoryMap can be found here: https://bit.ly/2YsyumA
3.Send a link to your digital history (story map) by November 8, 2021. at email@example.com. The digital stories should be public and viewing should not require a username and password. You can share your digital story on Facebook with #EsriMapContest as a public post.
See the full terms and conditions on the competition page: https://teach-with-gis-bulgaria-esribulgaria.hub.arcgis.com/pages/storymap-contest
Tell us an exciting story and win many awards, including:
- Cash prize for the best story
- Free specialized GIS training
- Voucher from Ciela publishing house
- Voucher from National Geographic magazine
- Specialized atlas with modern GIS maps “Esri Map Book”
- Announcement of a story map in the framework of the World Geographic Information Systems Day – the biggest event in this field
- Publication of a story on the website and in the newsletter of the “GIS at school” program, as well as distribution in the media
- Certificate of participation
For further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The possibilities are endless. All you need is an inspiration!