Ref. №: NGO2021
Esri Bulgaria is the leader in the Bulgarian geospatial sector and is the national distributor for the world-leading ArcGIS platform. We implement information systems of national scale and importance. Our passion for improving the quality of life through location intelligence is at the heart of everything we do. Esri’s geographic information system (GIS) technology inspires and enables governments, NGOs, universities, and businesses worldwide to save money, lives, and our environment through a deeper understanding of the changing world around them.
Our mission is simple yet powerful
- Enable user success
- Broaden the impact of GIS
- Push our technology platform to make it better
In this role, you will work closely with customers to establish solutions to make them successful and broaden the presence and effectiveness of Esri GIS within the NGO sector in Bulgaria. You will provide vision and leadership while promoting the use of Esri technology to enable customer success and support the development and growth of Esri technology into different domains.
- Be a thought leader and increase awareness of GIS as an essential enterprise-wide solution for the nonprofit market. Introduce, showcase, and promote Esri products that demonstrate and communicate the value of geospatial technology within nonprofits.
- Understand our customers and know their business: Help foster a sense of community among the NGO sector. Be familiar with the overall mission and operations of NGOs, including knowledge of common goals and initiatives, procurement, and business processes.
- Develop and grow business: Provide business development support toward technology and implementation patterns with new and existing customers. Collaborate with Esri Bulgaria’s marketing and sales team to develop new business and be part of actively shaping the future of NGO through your work on cutting-edge projects and technology trends such as smart community, mobile GIS, real-time GIS, big data analytics, geoanalytics, geodesign, 3D, and open data.
- Effectively manage technology projects and programs: Use your consulting and project management skills to lead virtual teams during all phases of implementation including requirements, analysis, design, build/configuration, and deployment. Manage scope, schedule, and budget to provide our customers and strategic partners with meaningful solutions.
- 5+ years of experience in applying GIS in the NGO sector, especially ArcGIS
- Demonstrated ability to consult and engage with both expert level and executive-level leadership
- Strong technical and project management skills with the ability to deliver projects on time and within budget
- Ability to engage, collaborate, and facilitate with different stakeholders such as NGOs, academia, and startups
- Experience developing project designs, work plans, budgets, and schedules
- Solid understanding of the ArcGIS platform and how it relates to NGO customers
- Proposal writing experience, including preparing executive summaries, solution definition, scope of services, staffing, and pricing
- Entrepreneurial attitude and willingness to learn—you must thrive in a dynamic cross-functional team environment
- Excellent written communication, storytelling, and collaboration skills
- Ability to grow and maintain internal and external networks with industry influencers and thought leaders
- Bachelor’s in geography, GIS, regional development, environmental management, computer science, or a related field (master’s preferred)
- Excellent working environment
- Additional health insurance
- Rich and rewarding career opportunities
- Challenging and diverse projects
- Highly professional team
How to apply
To apply for the position, please fill out the Application form by indicating the Reference №: NGO2021, attach a CV and motivational letter.
All applications will be treated confidentially.
In connection with the Esri Bulgaria policy for personal data protection, we are committed to process confidentially the personal data that you provide us regarding the application for this job. In order to consider your application, we will look at the information you sent us, and in case you are suitable for the position, we will contact you the way you specified. When we consider that you are not suitable, we will delete your personal information within 1 /one/ week. If we consider that you are suitable for our organization, but we currently do not have a suitable position for you, we will retain your personal data on our legitimate interest in choosing and hiring employees who have shown interest in us for the period you specified, and if you have not specified – for up to 6 /six/ months.
Please do not provide any information that is not necessary for the application process.